Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Here we go loop de loo!

Loopy may best describe the last few days...or maybe sleepy, dopey, mopey, pokey, anything but okey dokey. Lots of long naps and little else it seems. The drugs are certainly having a cumulative effect--effectively leaving me without much energy and full of weird aches.

Last week included a drug to boost my white blood cell count. My bones have been aching somewhat from the pressure that creates in the bone marrow. I don't believe I ever had any concept of feeling my bone marrow before this. The other m
ain problem, besides overriding fatigue, is the digestive tract. Discomfort and frequent nausea along with a terrible taste constantly in my mouth.

Today, I feel a little better. It is the last day before I get a new round of chemicals tomorrow. I watched a Nova special on preserving ancient Tibetan Temple art and a great biography on Les Paul. You have to get creative when when you're wide awake at 4:00am. Maybe after my morning nap, I will be able to actually read a book. Before initiating chemo, I thought I would fill my days at home reading lots of books, practicing some guitar lessons, organizing my desk, etc. But the best laid plans...

Viola is thinking about driving into Sonoma to get some Chinese food later today. I hope to feel up for a little ride. The sun is shining and the Sonoma Valley looks to be the most beautiful place on earth today.


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2/26/2009

    Dearest Peter and Viola,

    I just read your most recent posts and am filled with enormous gratitude . . . for your strength, your endurance, your patience and your willingness to share, even these most unpleasant feelings.

    If there was ever a time to curl into a fetal ball and wait . . . this would be it. But, you don't. You reach out to your friends and let them know your hope, your pain, your wonder and your frustration - it is the epitomy of generosity. No one can repay you for this, so I will just say . . . thank you.

    Love, warmth, blue light and cool enormity . . .

    Penny

    ReplyDelete