Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Goodbye Susan!


My friend, Susan , lost her battle with cancer this week. She was always active-- full of life. Twenty years ago, my wife, Barbara, noted amazing similarities between Susan's astrological chart and mine. When Barbara passed away suddenly, Susan was a loyal friend who always made sure I was getting back into living. Perhaps our most unusual intersection in life occurred when Susan was diagnosed with cancer less than a week before I discovered mine. We both had blood cancers, only Susan's was a form of leukemia difficult to treat. As you might imagine, I have been thinking about Susan a lot. Susan accomplished something the rest of us should aspire to: a life well-lived. Her life's book is closed while we still have chapters to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment