Friday, April 10, 2009

Thank you for letting me, be myself, Again!

I want to thank everyone for helping me along my journey so far.  As Sly and the Family Stone sang, "Thank you, for lettin' me, be myself, again!"  

Your cards, emails, phone calls, flowers, casseroles, pies, cakes, cookies, CDs, books, prayers, chants, and positive vibes have kept me going through tough times.  It seemed that every time I would start to feel depressed, someone would make contact and cheer me up.  I feel very humbled by the many, many acts of love and caring.  Knowing you are surrounded by love is more comforting than I can adequately describe.

Most deserving of my appreciation is Viola.  She is the who held me tight and stayed strong in those scary weeks last January when we awaited the diagnosis of the mysterious lump.  She's kept fresh flowers in our home, helped me bathe and get dressed, covered me with blankets and propped me up with pillows. She has fed me so well that I gained a couple pounds instead of losing weight, both surprising and pleasing the oncology staff.  It is hard to imagine getting through the past couple months without her.

V and I look forward to seeing all our friends and family again.  Happy together, like that day pictured below, celebrating our tenth anniversary last fall-- travelling by train from London to Paris and returning to Monet's garden where were married.


No comments:

Post a Comment